Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 8

Two weeks after that first ultrasound, Jason and I returned to the RE for a second ultrasound.  Again, we were told that the heartbeat sounded strong and Baby Colliver was healthy.  During these few weeks, we nicknamed our little one "Peanut".  Since this report of Peanut's perfection, I have experienced almost every pregnancy symptom possible.  Also, Jason and I read several books.  My favorite has been Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laugh.  Jason's reading Pregnancy Sucks- for Men and Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  I've been able to think about food and my appetite is almost back to some normalcy, so I'm reading about nutrition.  I've made my first maternity purchase, and some clothes- mostly pants- seem to be getting tighter.  We are currently waiting for our first regular OB visit on Tuesday, August 10.  Peanut is due some time between February 19 and 21.  This weekend concludes our first twelve weeks.  I'm really looking forward some increased energy in the second trimester!


No comments:

Post a Comment