There's not much to write this month, which is probably why I've been putting it off. Lucy is not a baby anymore. That is why I've really been putting this off. She's grown into quite a sweet little girl- big stretch from being a sweet baby girl, huh?! ;)
Lucy's vocabulary is expanding. She knows about 60 words now and about a dozen signs. I love having a toddler because she's so fascinated to learn new things. And it surprises me when she remembers new things. Today, we were singing in the car. Lucy does the hand movements to "itsy bitsy spider" and "pat a cake" without any help or guidance now. What surprised me is that she remembered a song we haven't sung in months (because I forgot about it). She did a motion and it obviously reminded her of the train song, so we had to sing it!
In addition to language, Lucy is also learning a lot socially. She is going to musikgarten again- and taking her brother with her:)! She tried out (and LOVED) Gymboree! She'll be going back. She enjoys watching and playing with other little kids. She seems to thrive in big groups, unlike her momma (and definitely just like her daddy). She takes a bit of time to warm up, but always comes around and makes a friend.
Lucy is growing up but not out in any way. She's weighed the same amount for 7 months (about 25 lb). I haven't measured, but I'd guess she's pushing 33 inches.
One last exciting development for the month is a new favorite game. Lucy really loves to play pretend. She can turn just about anything into a fun game. Her love of make believe lead us to buy a few cheap Halloween costumes. She now plays dress up as a princess, ballerina, bunny, clown, super hero, and even raggedy Ann! It's a lot of fun watching her learn to express creativity!
I'm so proud of the confident and happy little girl we're raising- it is such a blessing to be her momma!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment