Tuesday, July 17, 2012

17 months and counting

Lucy is just one month away from 18 months! It's so hard to believe that my baby girl is nearly a year and half old. Where there once was only baby face, now Lucy is all little girl. It has amazed me how much her face has changed this month, really developing her features.

Lucy weighs just about the same amount as the past six months; however, she is growing upward very fast! Just this past week I realized that a pair of pj pants, which used to be so long they tripped her, now fit perfectly. And this week, it seems those pants are getting too short!

In addition to the growth spurt, Lucy's verbal skills has just blown up this month! We have started a list of her words, which totals around 20 (I'll post that later). She is still singing "EIEIO" and loves "this little piggy". She says the "wee wee wee" part at the end. She is now rolling during "pat a cake". And she can make a spider with her fingers for "Itsy bitsy spider". She is recognizing pictures and pointing to them in books. She knows how to sign more, all done, please, down, and train (she really likes the choo choo part!). We are working on signing thank you and saying a few new words. Overall, I think her verbal skills are impressive. And I'm continually amazed by her ability to recognize and analyze pictures

The cutest development this month is barking. Lucy has always "barked" at the dogs, but now she can bark when asked what noise a dog makes. It's a very cute closed mouth bark.

Lucy is also stacking blocks, learning shapes, and coloring quite often. Her favorite thing to do is still read books. If given the choice, Lucy almost always picks to read a book over all other toys.

Lucy's personality is blossoming. She seems to enjoy giving and receiving attention, laughing with grown ups, and hollering along with her brother. She isn't bashful, but takes a bit of time to warm up to new people.

Lucy Belly,
I think I say this every month, but this month is my favorite! You are so much fun to be around and with. I adore our individual time together. You always seem happy and willing to come snuggle or hug when asked. Lately, you have been giving me kisses when asked. It absolutely melts my heart when you reach for me and want my attention. I know this won't last forever, so I'll try to soak up every bit while I can! I love you sweet girl and all your precious funny moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment