So, for the last few Thursday nights, my lovely wife and I have been attending Childbirth classes... We're pretty much learning how to have a baby... Ok, it's more than that, but that's the gist of it. We're learning all about contractions, breathing, epidurals, other pain remedies... all kinds of stuff. But I think week two was probably Naomi's favorite - the week we had to bring in pillows and a blanket/yoga mat for a massage. That's right, they taught us how to do prenatal massages. I think she was pretty relaxed after that if I do say so myself.
Other than the info we had taught to us by the teacher, we found out that there was another family whose child was diagnosed with the same thing Lucy has - Single Umbilical Artery. We found this out because we asked the teacher if she knew anything about the impact it could have on delivery and the other family happened to be filling out some paperwork with the instructor and overheard our question. Turns out that it is a common thing, and they aren't having any issues due to the SUA. Funny enough, when leaving class last week, we discovered that we had some mutual friends, and I probably played soccer against the dad while we were both in high school! Crazy, isn't it?
Today, we had Lucy's first fetal echocardiograph at 8:15... Everything they could see looked great, but she was being stubborn (Figures... she is a Colliver!:) ) and was asleep on her belly during the whole time. This pretty much means that they couldn't get the greatest images of her heart, but were able to rule out about 40% of any heart defects by the few shots they could get. Unfortunately, this means we have to go in for yet another fetal echo... The saving grace of having to get extra care is that we will have more opportunities to see our little miracle, so I'm OK with that.
Keep those prayers rolling in! The 8th month starts tomorrow!
- Jason

No comments:
Post a Comment